Dave McLean Photography Blog

My photo
Welcome, My name is Dave McLean, I'm 40 years old, married with 2 children and live in the UK. I have been interested in photography for about 8 years now and hope to use this blog to share my pictures and anything photography related I come across.

Tuesday 29 June 2010

The Top 11 Things Photographers Wish They Learned in Photo School

 
 

Sent to you by mcleanfamily88 via Google Reader:

 
 

via A Picture's Worth | PhotoShelter by Grover Sanschagrin on 6/29/10

by Grover Sanschagrin

note-to-self-3.jpg


We've all learned a lesson "the hard way." We all wish we paid more attention in school. We all think that life would have been easier if someone just taught us that one really important lesson.

I decided to ask a few of photographers what they wished they learned earlier in their career. I asked them to think of an experience that happened in their life that would have been better if they had learned something earlier.

My trusted panel of photographers have all achieved success in the photography industry:


Joe McNally
, freelance photographer
Ami Vitale, freelance photographer
Brian Peterson, staff photographer, Minneapolis Star Tribune
Casey Templeton, freelance photographer
Shannon Fagan, freelance commercial photographer
Michael Schwarz, freelance photographer
Scott Strazzante, staff photographer, Chicago Tribune
Andy Biggs, freelance photographer
Robert Seale, freelance photographer
Tim Mantoani, freelance photographer
Corey Rich, freelance photographer


Then, I asked the same question on Twitter and got responses from, well, whoever responded. Their answers are posted here as well.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment