Dave McLean Photography Blog

My photo
Welcome, My name is Dave McLean, I'm 40 years old, married with 2 children and live in the UK. I have been interested in photography for about 8 years now and hope to use this blog to share my pictures and anything photography related I come across.

Wednesday 23 June 2010

In The Bag: Sandy Huffaker - Traveling Light, Ready For Anything

A Picture's Worth | PhotoShelter

by Grover Sanschagrin


San Diego-based photographer Sandy Huffaker keeps himself busy by shooting just about everything. Living near the USA/Mexico border has given him the opportunity focus extensively on immigration and border control. For Sandy, it's important that his gear be as compact and portable as possible.

Huffaker's portfolio includes a healthy dose of photojournalism (the recent oil spill in Louisiana, illegal immigration, natural disasters, and even a plane crashing in his back yard), and corporate work (PR, annual reports, books, and non-typical executive portraits.)

I was curious about the contents of his camera bag because it looks like he is all over the place, often in unpredictable situations, and I wondered how he managed to always be prepared. How much gear is he carting around the country?

I sent him an email and asked if he'd be willing to let me snoop around inside his camera bag. He invited me to his house on a Sunday morning, to meet the family, and dig deep into his arsenal of photo gear.


Sent with Reeder


Dave Mclean
07515518447

No comments:

Post a Comment