Dave McLean Photography Blog

My photo
Welcome, My name is Dave McLean, I'm 40 years old, married with 2 children and live in the UK. I have been interested in photography for about 8 years now and hope to use this blog to share my pictures and anything photography related I come across.

Thursday 15 July 2010

Scott Bourne’s Fast Photo Tips – Week 7

 
 

Sent to you by mcleanfamily88 via Google Reader:

 
 

via Photofocus by scottbourne on 7/14/10

Copyright Scott Bourne 2005 - All Rights Reserved

Here's the sixth installment of my fast photo tips. These are simple posts filled with several short ideas to help improve your photography. Don't over-think it. Just try it.

Scott Bourne's Fast Photo Tip #19

Cropping is one of the easiest ways to eliminate framing mistakes. Don't get too wrapped up in cropping ratios or how much you crop. For decades, cropping has been used "in post" to make photos appear the way the photographer intended. As long as there is enough information to render a nice final print, crop away.

Scott Bourne's Fast Photo Tip #20

Backing up pics to CD or DVD? After burning the disc, don't label it. The top of the disc, NOT the bottom, is the most fragile part! Buy gold, archival discs. I no longer use CDs myself. I use DVDs. I have been using the Verbatim 95355 4.7 GB 8X UltraLife Gold Archival Grade DVD-R, 50-Disc Spindle and really like them. They cost more but it's worth it to me.

Scott Bourne's Fast Photo Tip #21

Here's a quick composition tip – when shooting multiple objects, try to shoot an ODD number of subjects such as 3, 5, 7, etc. rather than even. This leads to a more balanced composition. By the way my florist friends say this is the same rule they use when arranging flowers :)

scancafewide



 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment