Dave McLean Photography Blog

My photo
Welcome, My name is Dave McLean, I'm 40 years old, married with 2 children and live in the UK. I have been interested in photography for about 8 years now and hope to use this blog to share my pictures and anything photography related I come across.

Sunday 20 June 2010

Top 10 Ways To Piss Off A Photographer

 
 

Sent to you by mcleanfamily88 via Google Reader:

 
 

via A Picture's Worth | PhotoShelter by Grover Sanschagrin on 6/8/10

by Grover Sanschagrin

number-10.jpg


Last month, I wrote a story titled "Top 13 Ways to Piss Off a Photo Editor." It got a huge reaction, and a number of people suggested that I turn this around, and give photographers some equal play.

So I contacted some photographers and asked for their advice. I wanted to know what really pissed them off. I learned that many different kinds of things are capable of pissing off a photographer.

My trusted panel of photographers are:

John Harrington, freelance Washington DC photographer

David Hume Kennerly, Pulitzer Prize winning photojournalist

Robert Caplin, freelance photographer in New York City

Andy Biggs, wildlife and outdoor photographer

Daniel Milnor, freelance editorial and commercial photographer

Lynn Donaldson, freelance photographer based in Livingston, Montana

Yunghi Kim, freelance photojournalist


After absorbing their responses, I compiled a list of ten things that will piss off nearly any photographer.

However, their responses were so different from each other, and filled with lots of little interesting tidbits, that I decided to include them in their entirety at the bottom of the post. My intention with this blog post is not to open up a bitch-and-moan session about photo editors or photographers. Instead, I am hoping that maybe this can make help make things just a little bit better by making it obvious that photographers and photo editors are partners, and they need each other in order to survive.

To be fair, tomorrow I will post "Top 10 Ways To Make A Photographer Fall In Love With You."

Please feel free to leave your own comments at the bottom of this post.




 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment